SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1313 - Amazon.com - ot

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 13:28:36 PST 1999

I missed the beginning of this, but what is in season in June depends a
great deal on where you are.  I grew up in Florida and had planned on
strawberries for my April feast.  That's almost 8 weeks too early for NC
berries!

Perhaps the original poster did state their location and therefore
people's responses are making sense. But from my perspective they are
all a month too early, or a month too late! Other sources for
information might be to contact the local agriculture agency and ask
them what the local growers will have ready that time of year.  At the
library, read the classifieds for last years u-pick-em farm ads over the
course of the month.  Contact the nicest grocery in town or a
health-food type grocery and ask them what they will be selling in June.
If there is a farmers market, either ask the organizers, or stroll
through and chat with the vendors.

Bonne