SC - Puck's marzipan

Ian van Tets ivantets at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Sat Mar 6 08:34:30 PST 1999

Hello, Cairistiona here again.

Puck, in German the verb moves to the end of the clause if it's a
subordinate clause, so in that case that confused you that is what
happened.

Ingwer is the word for ginger, but it would appear from the rest of
the text that the mixture is already made and we're just shaping it
now, hence my looking for an alternative meaning.

As I am not a native speaker, I don't have such a wide vocab as most
German-speaking adults, but on the other hand I do have an honours
degree in Middle High German, and this kind of lateral connection to
find the correct meaning in a given instance tends to happen fairly
often.

Cairistiona