SC - changing recipes

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 05:09:23 PST 1999

This is true, but that brings us back to the dilema: "how can we cook medieval
when. to make the recipe as written, would cause us to become sick."  I like
Lord Ras's idea

rather a periodoid rendention. While such a recipe cannot with any honesty be
called 'period'  documenting the original recipe and providing the reasons for
the substitutions would go far in showing that you have at least an
understanding of what should have been done. It also allows others to use your
research as a basis for producing a more period version while acknowledging
your contribution  and work.....">>>>>

because if I don't change recipes for my personal needs, I don't eat!  So I
have started writing out the recipe as written and noting each ingredient I
change and why so that others who might read my work can either cook the
original or cook with my changes.
Phillipa