SC - multiplying spices

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Mon Mar 15 09:19:09 PST 1999

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Russell Gilman-Hunt wrote:

> I made a batch of cinnamon mead, with 4 sticks of cinnamon to one
> gallon of mead, and I was curious about the multiplication factor.
> My plan is to have the cinnamon sticks stay in the brewing mead
> for the entire carboy time, and perhaps to stick a piece in some of
> the bottles when I bottle it.  Can I just multiply the 4 sticks per
> one gallon by five and use twenty sticks of cinnamon for a five gallon
> carboy, or should I use, say, ten sticks?\

Ooh! Dahling, are you bringing this mead to Egil's? Can I be your dear,
dear friend? (wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?)

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731