SC - Khushkananaj (was: Ideal vs. practical)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Mar 26 18:14:12 PST 1999

At 11:56 AM -0500 3/26/99, Jeff Gedney wrote:
>FWIW, a Co-worker who is an orthodox Rabbi, maintains that If flour is
>mixed with any liquid and left for longer than 13 minutes is
>chumitz (?) Leavened, and anything made with it is not suitable for Pesach.
>
>Also, If you throw such a paste on a grille, it will rise, since the flour
>would contain some water.
>Perhaps you need raw ground (but undried or prepared) flour, like you
>would get if you ground it yourself...
>
>Have you tried the recipe exactly as written with such a flour, just for
>science' sake?

I have tried the recipe exactly as written--i.e. with neither water nor
yeast--using ordinary flour, without success. I have tried it using
ordinary flour with water but without yeast of any sort, and it works all
right, but not as well as the sourdough version.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/