SC - What's in season in June?

Gerekr at aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 19:31:17 PST 1999

><< I've been told grapes and strawberries, but what else? When does asparagus
> come into season? Your help is gratefully appreciated. >>

What about cherries?  We had a cherry at a rental a number of years ago
and they seemed very early, as I recall...  Or would they be past by
June?

(There's a pretty, only middling-inaccurate newer children's book called
"Til Year's Good End" that's presented as a sort of peasant's calendar of
what you do in what months, and the most egregious howler in it is
collecting the cherries, along with apples and grapes, in September or
October!  The other major urk is the wood-cut style illustrations...)

Chimene