SC - Gourds

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 3 19:06:07 PDT 1999

"Alderton, Philippa" wrote:

> Karin asks:
>
> >Okay - why? if you are learning period skills, surely butchery and
> slaughtery are just as valid?
>
> They ARE quite valid, it's just that once someone BADLY bungled it at
> Pennsic, and it's not allowed to be done on site.

>From what I was told of 'that' particulear war was there was too much alcohol on
the butchers part and after a couple of swings the poor creature managed to give
up the ghost. People in the area wern't too keen on hearing the animal's screams
as it was being slaughtered. I think it could be a useful class if we could do
it off site. I would give 'city folks' a new insight on just what it takes to
get the bacon on the table in the morning.

Badger

I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be... ooooohh, doughnuts!