SC - Pennsic Critter

Diana Haven tantra at optonline.net
Fri May 7 14:44:52 PDT 1999

Gee, I changed the name of the thread and even said I was doing so and why.
Then I discussed the Feast of St. G. for rather a long time, but the

If that's the way it's going to be, I'll just add that I don't feel I went
out of my way to accomodate a few friends. This was my first feast, I had no
repetoire of familiar dishes so it was no harder to choose recipes that met
this goal than recipes that wouldn't.  OK, finding The Medieval Kitchen as
my very first resource was a lot of help: the first recipe in the book (the
split pea soup) satisfied all the no meat,no onion,no dairy requirements and
the rest of the menu grew from there. The dozen vegetarians who often pay
and take their chances got a better deal than usual, plus a certain lord and
lady could eat with us for once.

Bonne