SC - Pigs, problems with smoker.

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sat May 8 06:44:41 PDT 1999

Well my dear lady,

You have never been to one of our shire's decadent food parties.

Just let me explain just what part of lamb is Baklava.  One piece of leg of
lamb {or other piece} marinated in mint honey, oranges and wine/vinager and
other fresh herbs, cooked slowly in a rotisserie or smoker.  {Sometimes I
smoke a piece of meat for a few hours and then finish it off on a
rotisserie.}  A thin rare slice still juicy with the nectar of the Gods.
Just as the meat leaves your mouth insert a piece of Baklava to cleanse the
palette.  Then either pour a libation into oneself or immediately begin the
process again after savoring the flavor and texture of both.

How would one create a period smoker?  Was meat smoked for flavor, or just to
preserve meat?

Hope this helps humble and convoluted explanation helps.

Does the site we are cooking at have power for a rotisserie, or do I need to
make one for over coals/fire.  I have friends going to war that specialize in
cooking over flames verses coals.  If I bring my gas/electic rotisserie, I
will have to bribe my wife a lot.  She is not amused by the SCA.

Lord Frederich