SC - Questions on Sekainjabin (and similar drinks)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun May 9 00:29:30 PDT 1999

Micaylah asked:

> >From: Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net>
> >>Does this mean the Cooks of Ansteorra have lost their sanity?
> >>
> >>I can remember very few if any feasts in Ansteorra in nine years where
> >>those eating the feast were separated from those who brought their
> >>own food.
>
> So Stefan how do they do it without having the cook go nuts, the servers
> loosing their minds and the event steward having a bird? This sounds like a
> very interesting concept that, while certainly not period, may have merits
> and is definitely something I would like to try IF it is actually do-able.

As you are the second person to ask this, I hope that HRM Gunthar, Baroness
(soon to be cooking Laurel) Clarissa, perhaps Bear or other Ansteorra
headcooks can answer. I haven't, and don't ever plan to, cook a feast
as the headcook. When I'm in the kitchen it is as scullery hand or
pot washer. So I'm not sure how the logistics are done.

>From what I remember at the tables, and my tables have usually all eaten
the feast, it may be that portions are either served from serving bowls
by the servers and the excess goes back to the kitchen or other tables
or it is portioned out at the serving prep area by the servers by the
number of folks at their tables.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: