SC - Re: Ladies

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 10 18:57:44 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/10/99 6:10:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< As to Ras' not wanting to let us know what's in the dish in case we don't
 want to try it,>>

I didn't say I didn't want you to know what was in a dish. I said that
knowing what is in a dish predisposes  a food bore to not want to try it. If
you look over your past list e-mails, you may have noticed that I not only
posted the menu BEFORE the feast but also posted the recipes for said feast
making your inflammatory remarks look just a wee bit foolish, don't you
think?

 <>

So don't I. That is why  you always have the option of phoning me BEFORE the
event  to tell me your REAL allergies which if necessary will be accomadated
by choosing   some recipes that don't contain that ingredient. I think it not
arrogant at all to not cater to the icky crowd. I do think the icky crowd are
food bores to the extreme and have no tolerance for them at all. A simple
answer of 'Food' to their  question of 'What's in that?' is sufficient for
me. You most certainly have every right to decide what is icky to you, I have
the right to not cater to such selfish whims.

<< If my food
 allergies are my responsibility then so are my preferances.  If I miss
 'something good' by this choice, so be it.>>

Although you are correct up to a point. Without first tasting a completely
new food , your preferences cannot in any way be known. Basing them on the
sound of something, body parts or any other such drivel is immature at the
least and not a little self-centered..

Considering the success of my feast this past weekend, I would say that
you're observations are irrelevent so far as the way I conduct a feast. I did
not hide the fact that the Shiraz bi-byqul contained cottage cheese.
Ingedients lists were on the door and it was listed on the menu as 'Shiraz
bi-buqul'. The Sals was on the menu as Sals and  the ingredients list clearly
showed it contained yogurt. If you are a food bore, then you will just have
to read the ingredients lists and not bother me with silly questions in the
kitchen.

And , yes, it may be a persons right to be  finnicky but it is also my right
to feel a mixture of extreme pity and some contempt toward such a person. As
wellas, much sadness that they will go through a life of deprivation.

al-Sayyid A'aql Rashid ibn al-Zib, AoA, OSyc
Guildmaster
The Guild of St. Martha