SC - OED

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Tue May 11 06:02:23 PDT 1999

Rob & Kathy wrote:

> HELP!!!!!!
>
> we're having a night on subtleties based mainly on sugar  and i would
> greatly appreciate your ideas and recipes!! thanks
>
> catherine

Possibilities include demos for making gingebrede, marzipan, and sugar
plate, both raw and cooked, and a look at Taillevent's chapter on
subtleties (albeit not all of them are sugar or even edible). Also see
Sir Hugh Plat's instructions for casting sugar walnuts, leaves, etc., in
"Delites for Ladies", 1609, and the similar instructions for casting
various objects out of marzipan in whichever of the German sources it
was. Sabina Welserin?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy