SC - OED

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 20:15:52 PDT 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Agreed. In fact the Ladies feast was geared toward such a group. I had 2
> allergies. One for mushrroms and one for onions. I simple chose recipes which
> did not contain mushrooms and recipes which used onion juice instead of
> onions which the onion allergy person said they could tolerate. No changes or
> substitutions were made to any of the recipes.
> This has always worked well for me.

You are fortunate, Ras. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL ABOUT SUBSTITUTIONS! If you
had served pie with onion juice instead of onions to my friend Paul, you
would've run a strong chance of having a dead knight in your hall, which
is never good for the diners' appetites (out of self defense, Paul seldom
eats feasts, but finds the nearest McDonalds). If your onion person could
tolerate the juice, good. But never never assume that what works for
one... Nothing on you Ras, but I just don't want anyone running off and
trying the same without asking first.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731