SC - [Fwd: [Apicius] feast]

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed May 12 09:47:34 PDT 1999

Bear wrote "So unless the recipe comes from the area which uses Cuminum
nigrum, the odds are black cumin is Nigella sativa."

Thank you Bear,
actually that makes more sense to me. (Had not thought to check out
Francesco's page... bookmarked it!)  Of course your reference to nutmeg
flower has me wondering about some references I have seen.  I had wondered
if they meant plain nutmeg, or perhaps mace, but this adds a third option
to the puzzle.

I almost wish you would throw the notebook at me, I wanna read it ;-)

Gwen-Cat
Certhe