SC - whey preserved foods (long)

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Sun May 16 04:23:14 PDT 1999

Going through an old, unread digest which I had to skip bexause of the
delunge of digests I find this message:

> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:21:04 -0400
> From: "Robin Carroll-Mann" <harper at idt.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - My latest feast (and a few comments)
>
> And it came to pass on 13 Apr 99,, that Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > We did have a discussion on this
> > list a year or two ago about whether roasted garlic was period or
> > not. I don't think anyone gave any evidence that it was, then.
>
> I don't remember if I was on the list then.  Possibly not.  Was the
> question whether roasting heads of garlic is a documentable technique
> or if the resulting puree was used alone as a condiment?  The answer to
> the first question is "yes".  I know of a couple of recipes (sauces and
> pottages, I think) which use roasted garlic as an ingredient.
>
> Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
> Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)

It was simply the roasting of heads of garlic I had in mind. Although I
was I think, thinking mainly of the roasted garlic being spread on
bread. I would love to have referances to these recipes that used
roasted garlic and even better any that describe how to roast them.

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net