SC - Potluck help!

Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) Deborah.Schumacher at iac.honeywell.com
Tue May 18 14:27:16 PDT 1999

Ok, just to throw the proverbial monkeywrench in, I just recently learned
something about antibacterial soaps.  The active ingredient, triclosan,
is considered toxic, can cause contact dermatitis, and is a derivative of
Agent Orange.  (Well, I guess it makes sense, defoliant=antibacterial).
It is sold in just about every item on the market that is label antibac.,
and has been listed by the FDA as a possible harmful substance.  I don't
have the books here, but the titles are "What's in  Your Cosmetics" by
Aubrey Naturals, and "Cosmetic Ingredients", who also have "Food
Ingredients" but I don't have the authors' names here.
Christianna
who never gave up her wooden cutting board and knife handles!

====