SC - A midsummer nights feast(OOP- slightly)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 10:28:09 PDT 1999

>	The brief for the meal is to go for 'best of british' with a
>traditional/historical slant to it ( many of the attendees are re-enactors
>etc) but it is not required to be strictly period.

Hunt up a book named "English Provincial Cooking".  I don't have my
references and so cannot give you the author or ISBN. e-mail me if you need
me to hunt it up for you.  The book is quite a collection of "traditional"
recipes, with a bibliography that includes all the manuscripts and diaries I
so often see referenced here and some others which I've been meaning to ask
the list if they know anything about.  Unfortunately, for any particular
recipe, she does not list her particular sources.  She'll just say something
like "14th century manuscript" or "recipt book from 1799" and that sort of
thing.

Bonne