SC - the verdict is in

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Wed May 19 18:05:44 PDT 1999

	Treasured friends and esteemed colleagues,

	Forgive the impersonal nature of the e-mail, and I do hope many of
you are not troubled by cross-posting. This is the best way I know of to
get the word out quickly.

	The answer has finally come back from my application to the School
of Education's Middle and Secondary Licensure Program- and it is NO.
Nothing specific, just a form letter. Needless to say, I am very
disappointed and this is the cap on what has been a bitter year. I have
already received notice that I will no longer be in the Master's program
in English due to unsatisfactory progress (i.e. I've had a rough year and
my grades _stink_), so I will be leaving the University after Spring term.
To where, I don't know. To be honest, if any of you know of an employer
that would like to see my smiling face, let me know. I greatly appreciate
all of your support and help, and would be grateful if you would continue
to keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I head out to what looks like a
rough transition period.

thankfully,

Laura
(Elaine, 'Lainie, HeyYou!)
- -
P.S. To my SCAdian friends- yes, I will be at Egil's, and yes, there will
be a party at Chez Elaine's (time TBA) as I am taking a student. Potluck-
y'all come now!
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731