SC - Marwick Arts Exhibition

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Nov 6 20:50:45 PST 1999

Lorix commented:
> Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
> > you can always make egg subtlties...
> > carefully blow out a bunch of eggs. Fill with choclate, and paint the hole
> > with white chocolate to hide it. Leave one full of raw egg :).
> > suprise!
>
> Mmmm, this idea actually could be used well, because I'm going to do a sweet
> bread sculpture of a pelican in its piety (at least I am going to attempt one
> several times to see if it might possibly have some sort of resemblance to said
> pelican since I am not a very good sculptor).  The pelican is going to be sitting
> on a candy nest (I know I can do this one) and I was going to make marzipan baby
> pelicans (what is a baby pelican called?).

I seem to remember eggs being discussed here and in other groups for sotelties
numerous times. I think some of the questions that you asked have been
answered in these files in my Florilegium.
In the FOOD section:
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
illusion-fds-msg  (79K)  8/28/98    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.

In the FEASTS section:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.

In the FOOD-SWEET-DECORATED section:
sotelties-msg    (152K)  4/15/99    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

There are some wonderful ideas given in these files, so even if they don't
answer your specific questions perhaps they will give you new ideas about
things to try.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: