SC - Goodbye for now

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Nov 22 07:34:04 PST 1999

Magdalena wrote:

> The Apple
> Exploder is slightly faster, and you don't have to cut the apple up when you are
> done.  The Exploder does occasionally miss a thin spot of peel, more if you hurry
> too much, and may grab a thicker peel if the apple is particularly irregular or a
> little too large.  Who cares?  Especially when peeling 80 lbs of apples, fast and
> tidy results mean more to me than losing a bit of extra apple.

In food prep, time really is money. Both are resources everybody has to
some limited extent, and how you use them is your choice. There have
been times when I have wasted hours to save pennies, but I'm less likely
to do that now that I'm old and treacherous. I'd rather use the pennies,
save the hours, and go and earn more pennies. In the end the food is
probably as good as, or better than, doing it the other way. I've known
food to go bad during slow prep.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy