SC - Thanksgiving and Semi-Alternate Lifestyles (long)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:58:53 PST 1999

molded jell-o recipes almost all can be traced back to the recipe booklets
distributed by the company.  My mother has an early 60's version that she
says isn't much different from the 1930's version (now disappearred) that
her mother had.  She was able to compare them side-by-side.  So, while one
recipe or style of recipe may be more prevalent in certain parts of the
country, the knowledge of them is widespread and all came around the same
time, originally.

re: watergate salad, I'm really going through the dregs of my memory here,
but I beleive it can be traced to a nationally distributed woman's magazine,
but was earlier than the watergate scandal, who knows why that name got
stuck on it?  (these factoids without proof are probably gleaned from a
stint on a non-SCA cookery list 8 years ago at least.  Or from the
wide-ranging discussion on a gardening list I was on during the same era).

Bonne