SC - Turkey Day post-mortem

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 12:49:14 PST 1999

>From: david friedman <ddfr at best.com>
>We just had medieval Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner. Sort of.
>>David/Cariadoc

My spouse long ago came up with "Mu-Shu" turkey that is our traditional
leftover turkey meal.  Or one of them anyway.  It involves most of the dark
meat, various bottles of sauces from the Asian Grocery, served up on flour
tortilla's in bad years, or homemade mu-shu pancakes in good years.  It's
pretty spicy stuff and so completely traditional that it doesn't seem like a
leftover.

My contribution to the leftover cycle is turkey pie.  Those two dinners and
a weekend of sandwiches usually take care of all the bird.  Except the year
my then first-grader noticed the turkey that weighed the same as her.  It
takes a long time for a family of 4 to eat a 36 lb turkey!

Bonne