SC - Grits

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Nov 30 07:19:50 PST 1999

Akim wrote:
>Subject: KINGDOM OF MERIDIES HERALD SEASON AND BAG LIMITS
>The reason I posted this is that with the season upon us, does anyone
>have any good recipes for cookin' up one of these critters?  I have tried
>herald but no matter how I prepare it, it is tough and  unsavory. And
>what kind of whine should be served with it? ...

For bores and other "field" heralds, whine gules. Court heralds (especially
if involved in lots of fishy business) are rolled up like scrolls, poached
in a court bouillon and served with whine argent. Sometimes they are served
together with seals. Book heralds taste like chicken, and may be served with
lots of either kind of whine.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon (not a herald, just a Henry)