SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Tue Nov 30 06:03:47 PST 1999

A tradition in my house when I was growing up was to serve sweet and sour
tongue on the Sabbath of Chanukah, on Purim and at the Passover Sedars.  On
Rosh Hoshana my mother took legs of lamb, covered them with home-made plum
preserves, wrapped them in foil and baked them in the oven on a low heat
until done.  Turkey was made for Sukkot which is actually a Jewish
Thanksgiving. I carry on these traditions as best as I can (It is difficult
to get tongue in the Dallas area).

Sindara