SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 14:42:21 PST 1999

> I'd like to do hops on the back fence, but it is under shade.  Does anyone
> know if hops will do well in the shade?

How much shade?  Is it a full shade, or a partial, and how thick is the cover?

> Do olive trees do well in the north (I think not, but anybody know for
> sure?)?

I'm told not, but I live in the south.

> Additional winter thoughts - 'tis the time of year, what does everybody have
> brewing?

Honey varietal meads, melomels, plum wine of various ages and varieties,
perries, ciders, cysers, apricot-apple wine, cordials, and  more such stuff.  ;>

> I currently have a Markham strong ale,

The strongest of the 3 runnings?

- -Magdalena