SC - "Fooles and Friccasees" exhibit at the Folger

Bernadette Crumb kerelsen at ptd.net
Tue Nov 2 18:40:21 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/2/99 12:02:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> keith.78 at osu.edu writes:
>
> << If you had to choose which of their items to add to your collection what
> would they be.  >>
>
> Well, they had no objects for sale that could be termed 'period.' This was an
> exhibit of authentic objects. Of the objects in the exhibit that I would like
> to have IF it were available is the square wooden trencher with the depressed
> eating surface and small salt depression in the corner. That item was really
> cool but, unfortunately none of the woodworkers in the SCA seem to have a
> clue as to how to make these relatively simple objects since I have never
> seen any merchants in the SCA carry them.
>
> Ras

I was thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to make such a
trencher if one had a router tool... I'll have to sketch what it
looked like and see if my BIL can make one for me.

I'd love to have a facsimile of the two coffee pamphlets and the
book that appeared to be about CHOCOLATE! :)  I'm hoping the
catalog will have more about those pieces and not just the bit of
information that was on the descriptive placard by the books.

Bernadette