SC - CookCon

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:38:43 PST 1999

>*SIGH* Wish I was, Master A. I fall in the 'other' category- I don't do
>contests or competitions (except for SLUG Queen but that's different)
>for a variety or reasons- and I've found that even at the supposed
>'non-comp' things like a Laurel's Tourney there's that subtle
>undercurrent... How many kudos did _you_ get? Beads? ribbons? etc....
>Yup- I'm currently suffering with some really Badass Bad Attitude
>Monsters. Grump grump.

Yeah, even if there is no official competition there still is one, it can't
be avoided.  I refuse to do that as well, but I rarely have anything to
show.  Bad Attitude? At least it's not the monsters from the bag again...

Can
>you imagine an encampment where you could wander through, visit friends,
>get to see their winter projects, and have the scene _look_ medieval?
>Geez- almost like I thought the SCA was about when I first got in?
>(Oops- the Monsters are showing again...)

We try to do that in ACG with our Spring Demo that cooincides with the local
Arts Festival in Lewisburg.  We set up A&S areas and woo the public, Ras
usually does the cooking, I might be smithing again next year after the
break this year (work ate me).  That reminds me, I have to get the smithy
together, have some fall projects to work on...

There's nothing wrong with a little 'tude from time to time too...

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" Well you want to go out
  'cause it's raining and blowing
  You can't go out
  'cause your roots are showing