SC - pouder fort & douce

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 18:33:36 PST 1999

- -Poster: <Elysant at aol.com>

>      Greetings!

>          Does anyone know where to look for or know what is in  the powders
>  douce and fort?  I usually do a sugar, nutmeg mace thing for douce, and a
>  peppery /ginger combo for the fort, but since I am holding a cooking class,
>  I figure I oughta do a bit more than guess .
>  Of course that means  some type  of documentation   ;*>

>  Caointiarn

Greetings Caointiarn,

I know there are others among us who are much more familiar with spices than
I, but here's something I happened to have to hand to contribute to this
topic.  :-)

I don't see any information for Poudre Douce, but according to their Order
Form the Poudre Forte of the Pepperer's Guild (the spice merchants who were
at Pennsic this year) contains Cubeb, Cloves, Mace, Ginger, Grains of
Paradise, Cassia, Cinnamon (Zeylanicum), and Pepper.

Pepperer's Guild has a web site:
http://pw2.netcom.com/~dchesty/pepperers.html

Elysant