SC - Good Broth

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 08:12:21 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/14/99 8:52:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:

<< If the frumenty recipe is actually vegetarian, that
 would help, but I think it would still feel a little short.

 Brangwayna Morgan >>

Since the meat dishes comprised only 3 additional dishes, I don't see how you
would have felt 'short changed.' The feast I did for your shire followed the
same pattern and certainly the several vegetarians who failed to notify me in
advance were not disappointed.

The frumenty recipe will be posted later today with comment.

What is this 'protein' bit? I am aware that vegetarians generally have to add
additional protein to their diet but eating a single meal at an occasional
feast that is not vegetarian balanced is certainly not an issue.

As I stated in the past, I am not a doctor, I am not a nutritionist and I am
not in the habit of producing 'nutritionally' balanced feasts. I am a cook.
For me a feast is an experience of the middle ages. It is not a restaurant
service, it is not an event 'requirement' and is not the place to come if you
are interested in maintaining what ever current medical food 'facts' are
being touted. The place for those considerations is at home or off board,
IMO.

At the very least you can enjoy a variety of foods prepared in a medieval
manner, free of chemical additives and preservatives, cooked by a quality
staff. All at prices far less than you would pay at McDonald's or at he price
of a single drink in a better restaurant. Beyond that it is out of my hands.
:-)

Ras