SC - additional period food gift ideas wanted

Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) Deborah.Schumacher at iac.honeywell.com
Thu Nov 18 07:02:10 PST 1999

Stefan had said
>I'd throw this out for discussion and see if anyone has any
>new period food gift ideas to add to those in this file.

With all my friends and family elsewhere I am sending lots of foodie kinda
gifts. This years big project was the millennium mead that we made and is
going to  friends local and not so local if we can figure out how to legally
ship across state borders (international would be nice to, but I don't think
that's going to happen.)

The other item that is getting sent is orange syrup and lemon syrup, based
on  the lemon syrup recipe from  the Miscellany. The syrup is always nice to
have for those friends who event, and it is really good over ice cream too
for those who don't. (Plus citrus is cheap down here right now: 5lbs of
oranges for a buck)
We are also considering including bottles of Sekanjabin.

Other ideas?
Spice rubs based on medieval spices (similar to Gunthar's suggestion earlier
in the week)
Quince paste and suckets (When are Quinces in season?)
Preserved Cherries and Preserved Pears
Orange marmalade (Delights for ladies has a marmalade in it I think, I can
post it later if you wish)

Just some ideas off the top of my head,

Zoe