SC - Embarrassing Question...

Robert Newmyer rnewmyer at epix.net
Sun Nov 21 19:52:51 PST 1999

Lehman's ( http://www.lehmans.com ) sell the apple peelers you've been
discussing for $25 to $30

They also sell the following high-end model (peeler only):

> Reading 78 Apple Peeler
>
>Famous Reading 78 peels firm apples of any size or shape as fast as you can
>pick them up and "spike" them on the holding-fork. We clocked it at over 10
>apples per minute! It even drops the peeled apple into your bowl after it's
peeled. >Takes just five crank turns (compared with as many as 19 on other
models). Does >only one thing - peel - and does it extremely well (won't
core or slice). Made >entirely of cast iron and brass with carbon steel
knife and blade. Adjustable >peeling thickness, one year limited warranty.
10 in. H, clamps to any surface up to >l in. thick, 6 lb. Made in Kidron,
Ohio; #78; $ 89.00

I'd like to see anything that can peel an apple every 6 seconds!

                                        Griffith, Blak Rose, East
                                         Bob Newmyer
                                         rnewmyer at epix.net
                                         http://www.epix.net/~rnewmyer

"Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage"  Anais Nin