SC - apple peeler corer

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 23 06:59:55 PST 1999

At 03:54 AM 11/22/99 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 11/21/1999 4:35:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
troy at asan.com
>writes:
>
><< Is it worth the money of the donor and does it actually save time and
>labor? >>

It saves a tremendous amount of time, I can attest to that.  I was the head
cook for our event we did last Saturday and I had someone peel/core/slice
the 18 pounds of apples in less than half an hour, then I had someone else
quarter the piles of slices, because we wanted them smaller.  I think it
took less than 30 minutes to do all that with only two hands doing the work.

The only thing that is bad about the one I have is you can set it to just
peel the apples but it won't core, so you have to have one of those things
that cores the apples and sort of quarters the apples if you are making
something where you need the apples peeled and cored and diced instead of
sliced into spiral slices.

Mine is about 25 years old, isn't made of cast iron though.

Also don't buy one of those rotato things for this sort of work, it doesn't
do what you want and I think it takes off too much stuff other than the peel.

	Angeline