SC - Marwick Arts Exhibition

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Nov 9 18:28:01 PST 1999

And it came to pass on 8 Nov 99,, that david friedman wrote:

> At 10:36 PM -0500 11/8/99, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
>
> >The recipe was redacted and cooked by Lady Andrea MacIntyre.  Her
> >handout says that she got the English translation of the original recipe
> >(Tuffahiyya) from the Miscellany.
[snip]

> Tuffâhiyya, a Dish Made With Apples
>
> Take meat as mentioned in the recipe for safarjaliyya and prepare the same
[snip]

> This sounds closer to what you describe than any other Tuffâhiyya in the
> Andalusian.

That is exactly the recipe that Lady Andrea quoted in her handout.  I
was confused, because her note indicates that it was from the
Miscellany.  However, in her bibliography, she cites "Cariadoc's
Miscellany", Volumes I & II, 1991 & 1993.  Since the Miscellany is one
volume, I conclude that she means the cookbook collections.  My copy
of Volume II, which contains the Andalusian cookbook, is from 1989,
and that recipe is differently worded.

> David/Cariadoc

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)