SC - French toast?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 18:36:18 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/15/99 8:11:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rkappler at home.com writes:

<< Pain Perdu:
 (redacted/paraphrased): soak slices of bread in wine and rosewater.  Dredge
 in beaten eggs and sugar.  Fry, sprinkle with sugar. >>

There's also one in Seven Centuries of English Cooking (not the best
reference) called Brown Fires which is brown bread dipped in eggs, and
saffron.  Yummy; I've used it for breakfast at events with good results.
Unfortunately the original isn't in Seven Centuries, although I believe I
found it elsewhere; just can't remember where!

Brangwayna Morgan