SC - French toast?

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:56:56 PST 1999

>Adamantius sez:>
> >Syrup. Butter, sugar and cinnamon. Apple butter. Jam. Sunny-side-up
> >fried eggs. Honey. I detest molasses, so fat chance of that, although
> >people do use it
>
>me, I'm a peanut butter girl. Or a citrus or lavendar syrup. Maple is so
>pedestrian! :)

heh, I make syrup from various fruits and use it on my oatmeal or whatever I
happened to be awake enough to make (and not burn myself stupid or have
enough time) in the morning.  I usually leave the fruit bits in because I
like them.

Simple syrup, add crushed fruit, cook until it tastes right and strain...I
try to keep mine as unsweet as possible or tart if I can.
I add weak vinegar to it sometimes to brighten it up...

>tho my favorite way to eat french toast is in a Monte Cristo sandwich! and
>then you gotta have the sugar and strawberry jam...

eww...I don't like overly sweet foods...

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" Well you want to go out
  'cause it's raining and blowing
  You can't go out
  'cause your roots are showing