SC - Food migration

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Fri Oct 8 02:54:13 PDT 1999

- ------------------------------
Caitlin wrote:

<<I attended Defenders of Sherwood last weekend and had the pleasure of
eating Master Huen's feast.>>
<<snip>>

Thank you Caitlin & Ras for the kind words concerning my feast. Things
went very well, especially the clean-up, as Caitlin noted. I gave
post-feast kitchen responsibilities to Guy Talbot and was actually able
to leave site at 10 pm and get real sleep at home before having to be
back at 8 am to prepare Sunday brunch.

If anyone's interested, the feast menu and recipes are on the web at:
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen/latest/latest.htm

I think the most interesting items of the feast were Taillevent's
Poullaille farcie, which were whole chickens (i.e. feet, head, and wing
feathers still attached), stuffed with meat, cheese, and nuts, glazed
gold and then painted with fanciful decorations with green glaze.

And now I'm looking foward to eating some of Ras' food!

Huen
- --
A Boke of Gode Cookery
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm