SC - white sals

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Oct 11 08:22:56 PDT 1999

>Who or what is "detrius?"

Detruis is debris, anything undesirable from bug parts to sheep poop.

>And how do we know that nothing was clean? Maybe nothing was zestfully
>clean
>(:-/), but I believe that they had things like soap and water back then. I
>suspect that some things were cleaner back then than most things are
> >today.

If you look through Digbie's brewing recipes (and I need more to read
*sighs*)  you'll see at least one that refers to boiling the water first and
ladling or pouring it off of the settlings.  Things were tidy maybe, but not
clean or sanitary.  They definitely understood
how to  make it that way though.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"