SC - RE:[TY] cooking query

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 11 08:45:35 PDT 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie

we are asked by Elisabeth:
In June I will be preparing feast for 100
>> - -150 people.  I will also be expected to serve Travelers' fare,
>> breakfast and a light lunch in addition to the feast.  The site is
>> completely and totally primitive.  There is no electricity and only cold
>> running water.  I'm building fire pits to have a supply of  boiling
>> water on hand and setting up a "fish camp" wash area.  What do I serve
>> these fine equestrians, artisans, fighters, and followers?

One of the neat things about medieval food is that its MADE to cook exactly
the way you're going to do it! Most any medieval recipe is well suited to
fire pit cooking.

It may be easier to ask yourself what you would LIKE to serve (in terms of
general categories), ie a stew, baked meat pies, etc?

- --AM