SC - Russian dishes

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 22 12:44:08 PDT 1999

>  I will be having some Guests from Russian during the first week of
> Novemeber.
> Does anyone have some period Russian dishes I can make.
> Thanks Frederich

If I may make a suggestion, and I mean you no ill will in saying this,
but if they're coming here from Russia, they might be looking forward
to something _besides_ Russian food.  Maybe something which for them
is exotic, say, corn on the cob with real butter.  I see you're at
Ohio State -- I don't know if you're from Ohio, but if you are, you
could cook some local favorites.

If they were coming my way ... let's see ... fried chicken, cornbread,
barbecue, corn on the cob, greens and vinegar, stewed okra and
tomatoes, sweet iced tea, pecan pie ... regional staples in Tennessee
(I've picked up some of the tastier customs of the area).

I know that when I travel (precious little these days), I forgo the
stuff I can get easily at home and dive into _their_ everyday food.

Just a thought, for what one man's opinion is worth.  Whatever you do,
I hope it goes well and everyone leaves the table happy.
Iyad ibn Bisharo, Shire of Easaraigh
Chip Allen, Cookeville, TN
jallen at multipro.com