SC - distillation, also silverbeet

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:38:50 PDT 1999

Hello the list!

Brandu pointed out the main areas of entry of toxins into distilled alcohol,
but I think that maybe he missed the one which I was thinking of - water
supply for the original brew (not applicable, of course, if you're working
from wine).  Any heavy metals, or other unwanted substances, in your tap
_or_ rain water are going to be concentrated that much more when you distil.
  Anyway, haven't we had this discussion before on this list and been told
to take it to the distillation list?  Maybe we ought.

As to the silverbeet:  I don't know how it is in other states in Oz, but we
used to get silverbeet in vegie shops and swiss chard in plant shops
(especially in seed form), but they always turned out to be the same plant.
I don't know why, but they were.

Cairistiona