SC - period Hungarian dishes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Oct 21 23:20:34 PDT 1999

Ras wrote:
>cclark at vicon.net writes:
>
><<  but that
> doesn't mean that they didn't apply the concepts at an intuitive level.
>
> Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon >>
>
>Correct but since the roots of chard are so small in relation to the rest of
>the plant, I find it extremely hard to belief that any one would have ...

Since you neither defended the statement that I contradicted, nor answered
any point that I made, why reply? Especially at such length?

The fact remains that some concepts that one might call modern (e. g.
nutrition) existed in period, but were not as precisely defined or
quantified. (If you don't believe there was a period concept of nutrition,
just look up period uses of the word "hunger.") And it doesn't matter
whether this is relevant to beets. I wasn't talking about beets. However
right you may be about beets, the misstatement about ideas does not serve
your argument.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon