SC - ramp

rhiannon at madcelt.com rhiannon at madcelt.com
Thu Oct 7 07:40:46 PDT 1999

I had never even heard of ramp till I moved to Georgia.  Here, there's stuff
that grows wild in my yard that my husband refers to as ramp.  He claims you
can cook with it, but as I said, I've never heard of this stuff.  Now, I'm
catching up on this list, and I've come across a reference Adamantius made
to ramp, and I'm wondiring if anyone can tell me what ramp is, if it's
probable that it's the stuff growing in my yard, and if there are any
applications in period cooking.

Thanks a bunch,
Rhiannon C.

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: why not add a
slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?