SC - german/prussian recipe, help needed

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 2 07:14:39 PDT 1999

A bit of hard bread yes...but not what we call "duck bread".. That white,
pasty stuff you can easily squish in your hands!
Phillipa

In a message dated 9/2/99 1:25:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<<
 There is a period suggestion to grind a bit of the bread to be used in
 the recipe after grinding the spices to clean out the spice crumbs. Now
 I assume you are using a grinder, while in period it was a mortar and
 pestle, but wouldn't the bread do the same thing? Or would you not
 want to put bread into your spice grinder? >>