SC - scadianisms

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Sep 2 20:18:28 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 2 Sep 99,, that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> This is all I could come up with. It is from Miriam-Webster.
>
> cho*ri*zo (noun), plural -zos
>
> [Spanish]
>
> First appeared 1846

That's peculiar.  I wonder where they got their information.  I quoted a
dictionary definition of "chorizo" from an early 18th century Spanish
dictionary.  Furthermore, the definition was followed by two quotes from
Spanish literature which used the term.  One quote was from an author
who lived 1603-1676.  The other was from a novel written cerca 1599-
1604.  Perhaps "first appeared" means that it appeared in an English-
language work in 1846?

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)