SC - Nazi confusion: in the soup (OOP)

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Sun Sep 5 04:33:05 PDT 1999

Master Cariadoc answered a previous request for a period heart recipe
with:
> >From the Miscellany:
>
> Corat
> Curye on Inglysch p. 100 (Forme of Cury no. 14)

<snip>
> Parboil heart in 4 c water: bring water to boil, add heart, bring back to
> boil, total time about 4 minutes. Drain. Cut heart in 1/2"-1" cubes. Put
> with broth and chopped washed greens, simmer about 20 minutes. Stir in
> beaten egg yolks, turn off heat. Add verjuice, saffron (crushed into
> water), spices, salt, and serve it forth.

Thanks for the recipe, but the individual mentioned after I indicated
that there were several heart recipes in the organ-meats-msg file in my
Florilegium that they were looking for recipes that cooked the heart
whole.

Do you happen to know of any in which this was the case? Perhaps stuffed?
The heart alone seems like it might be too simple a dish for a noble feast,
but perhaps stuffed it would meat the criteria of being whole (well, mostly)
and be fancy enough for a noble's table.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****