SC - SC-OT-For Cooking Laurels/Pelicans

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Sep 9 19:17:06 PDT 1999

>Good discussion!  Does anyone else have any ideas about this dish?

Not about the dish but I was thinking if "tyne" might be related to
Icelandic/ON "þynna" (thynna), which means simply "something thin" (usually
rather small) and can be used, amongst other things, of a thin piece of
dough (a phyllo sheet, for instance, or an oblat - that would fit the
pancake theory. I´ll check a dictionary at work tomorrow and see what it
says about the ethymology of þynna.

Nanna