SC - Beef on Kimmelweck

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 14 17:38:48 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/13/99 10:45:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

<< I am not sure that you can serve vodka or any other
 alcoholic beverage at an SCA event anymore, per a
 recent BoD ruling. >>

This is inaccurate. You cannot serve it as an 'official' part of the feast.
Nor can shire monies be used to buy it. BUT that is ONLY in the UNITED
STATES. The ruling does NOT affect any SCA groups outside the US. Also the
restrictions on serving are only applicable to officers. Any regular member
can serve it if they wish.

I am sure this subject is archived somewhere as we had a lengthy and
protracted discussion about it when it happened. Along with the normal
misinterpretations and additions to the ruling, the actual ruling, which I
find appalling enough without people adding their own interpretations and
expansive ideas to it, was posted during that discussion.

Ras