SC - Cooking a Dragon

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 10:19:17 PDT 1999

Back in February 1998 on this list, there was a thread about suggested
period recipes for children to cook. The original request was by Puck
who asked:
>What
>recommendations would the list make re a first period dish for Puck and his
>11 and 12 year old tax deductions to cook as a team.  For those of you that
>don't have kids, here's a few ground rules:  Must be very tasty, fun and not
>too complicated to prepare, though lots of unusual ingredients is a plus
>(remember the chemistry set), ummmm....time is sort of important; what was
>your attention span at that age?  Oh, and Pleyn Delit is currently our best
>resource, so if you suggest an idea from another source, recipe please?
>Nothing needing redaction, we need to work our way up.

I saved two of the suggestions which were:
1)Hedgehogs (Yrchouns) suggested by Maeve (Cathy Harding), and
2)Golden Morsels from Platina and Losenges Fryes from Two Fifteenth Century
   [Cookbooks] suggested by Elizabeth (Betty Cook).

I am also interested in more general suggestions on how to introduce
children to period cooking and perhaps to cooking in general.

These are going into a new file tentatively called p-cook-child-msg in
the Florilegium.

Thanks.
  Stefan

Lord Stefan li Rous