SC - wild boar

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Sep 17 22:30:08 PDT 1999

Boudicca asked:
> Help! I have happened upon a breeder of wild boars in my area and I want to
> cook a leg of wild boar for a Shire pot luck on Sat. the 18th
> Any suggestions for herbs spices etc?

Wow! Sounds wonderful.

While some of these files are cooking on a much larger scale, perhaps some
of the comments or spice recommendations will be of use. The first is
in the FOOD section:
whole-pig-msg     (26K)  4/ 1/99    Info. on roasting a whole pig. Experiences.
roast-pork-msg    (19K)  2/ 4/98    Cooking pork roasts. Medieval recipes.

And in the FEASTS section:
Whole-Pig-Fst-art (36K)  9/22/98    Feast menu and recipes incl. a roasted pig.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****