SC - Spices in Poland

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 19 05:18:31 PDT 1999

Maybe I should add here have we the predecesors of our hippies, with
their "free love" doctrin. By the way, if somenone want read a superb
litterary description of the harlots and the temples, read "Salambo", by
Gustave Flaubert, a Romantic French writer from the last century, who
wrote a wonderful book about that. Full av historical faults and more
fiction than facts, sure, but anyway a great reconstruction of live in
Mesopotamia.
By the way, thanks to all who recommended me Robert Heinleins book
"Stranger in a Strange Land". (My association depends of they who told
me Heinleins book was important for the hippie movement). It was really
great.
Ana

"ana l. valdes" skrev:

> Must kindly remind the Church Ras ment was not the Holy Catholic Rome
> Mother Church, without the Church of Rome, with a Pantheon full av
> mesopotamian and perses and greeks gods and godesses.
> The "holy harlots" is specially a cult related to Ashtarte, a godess
> related to Venus, and whose priestess served as holy harlots in the
> temples.
> Kind regards
> Ana
>
> Tollhase1 at aol.com skrev:
> >
> > In a message dated 9/18/99 12:07:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
> > writes:
> >
> > << Good job! Although I would remind everyone that even the Church actively
> > ran
> >  houses of prostitution in that day (e.g. harlots). :-) >>
> >
> > Oh Ras,  is this the other white meat besides chickens.  A thought most foul
> > indeed.
> > Just what does your persona do anyway.
> >
> > Frederich

> --